Thursday 9 June 2011

Bikepark Winterberg

Having exceeded the recommended daily dosage of castles, I am going to go mountain biking this weekend. I really have not seen much of Germany beyond the closest cities up & down the Rhine, so this is my chance to do something that does not involve herbal tea and little cakes.

Even though it is summer, I'm going to Winterberg. I'll be staying at the Hotel Steymann, which is on the outskirts of the town. However it is very close to the Winterberg BikePark. I'll be renting a downhill bike (so heavy and of such extreme geometry that you can't really ride it as a bicycle for any distance) to tackle the trails. In the winter the place is a bob-sled run and a ski hill.

On Monday I will either take the train back to Bonn or will be found here.

No comments: