Thursday 20 October 2011

Wildlife in the city

Walking home last night from the train station, I spotted a furry creature out of the corner of my eye. I instantly recognized this as not your average city pooch. I followed it around the corner to a grassy area behind an apartment building, where it eyed me from a distance. Sure enough it was a fox, with a white chin and chest.

I don't think I have ever seen a fox in the wild before (although this one was not very wild, as it was eating leftover scraps). Amazingly, this was just across the street from my apartment in a fairly heavily-populated area of a big city.

On a completely different topic, I (along with Christine) will be running a race this evening. It's part of the Berlin Festival of Lights, and goes along Kurfurstendamm street, one of the big boulevards. I think that we are supposed to pass by various colourfully-lit attractions. I am doing the 10K and for her very first race Christine is doing the 5K. Then we race home to get some sleep before She Who Must Be Entertained starts a wonderful new day of discovery and Sesame Street.

No comments: