Friday 2 December 2011

Lesson at Humbolt University

Last Friday and today I gave a presentation (along with my colleague Jasmin Schmidt) at Humboldt University. The director of the iFQ is a professor of Sociology there and he asked us to give a gentle introduction to the field of Bibliometrics for his students.

Note that while the pictures of Humboldt Univ. online are of a grand neo-classical building covered in statues, the place where I was 'teaching' was a mid-century, dirty building next to some train tracks. It was actually more dilapidated than Concordia University (where I did my undergrad), which is saying something.

It was great to be able to talk about my field and I hope I inspired some of the students to try a bibliometric analysis in their studies. The students didn't fall asleep (a good sign) and Prof. Hornbostel remarked afterwards that he liked the presentation, so it was a successful day.

No comments: