Saturday 5 February 2011

Art cars & pointy castles

Okay, enough about the politics of work and how the NRC is mis-managing science. Here are some photos of neat stuff from the past week.

Last Saturday (January 29th), Christine, Arianne and I went for a stroll along the Rhine. Nice sunny day and I was able to get a good shot of the pointy castles on the other side of the river. Here you see the Drackenfels ruins (literally "Dragoncliffs") at the very top of the mountain, and a little further down is the Drachenburg palace, which is where Count Chocula lives (well, why not? The whole thing looks like something out of a J.R.R. Tolkien novel). I see these from the window of my apartment every day.

And on my way to work the other day I took a different route and came across these two old and tiny cars sitting there as objets d'art. I have no idea what either one is.
By the way, it is 10 degrees today. Overcast as usual but very warm. I have even seen potted flowers for sale at the hardware store near work: not in the garden centre/greenhouse, but out in the parking lot. I guess it must be spring.

No comments: